This course provides an introduction to U.S. national security objectives, structures, and processes.
Course Objectives: At the end of this course, you will be able to describe:
- Definition of national security.
- Current national security objectives.
- Roles and responsibilities of key national security players, including non-traditional agencies.
- Basic national security processes.
- Key national security missions.
- Key organizations used for multiagency coordination.
- Key national planning processes.
Knowledge reviews are provided at the end of each lesson. These reviews are not mandatory for completion of the course. Each page of the course is consecutively numbered, including the optional information pages.
Use the Next button, lower right, to continue. Scroll down if not in view.
This lesson addresses the first objective and takes approximately 5 minutes to complete.